Monday 22 June 2015

Reasons to count my blessings No 25

Reason 25

Birthdays

I woke up yesterday in Budapest. The holiday was excellent, the symposium had lots of interesting points for me to mull over. But When I switched on my FB, using the spotty hotel wifi, I was delighted, and humbled to find so many birthday wishes from all over the world. It is such a lovely thing to be remembered by friends and colleagues, isn't it.

While I was away, I managed to drop my activity tracker bracelet into the Danube :-(. My lovely husband replaced it, from a shop in Gatwick airport, with a better one.  It really pays to have birthdays- the number isn't important, but I enjoy being made a fuss of.


2 comments:

  1. Many belated birthday greetings, dear Sue!! Hope you had a fabulous celebration day in Budapest. It's a beautiful city to spend a red-letter day in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent most of it in the airports. But we missed our second flight and had a lovely evening in London, so it wasn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete